Monroe County

House engulfed in flames in Henrietta

Monday night, a house was engulfed in flames in Henrietta.

According to firefighters the home on Moore Road around 10 p.m. was engulfed in flames when the crews arrived on the scene.

Firefighters say everyone inside was able to escape the home prior and no one was hurt but there was some minimal damage to a neighboring home.

According to Fire Chief Mark Cholach and his team, the fire was caused by the malfunction of a generator located in the rear of the home. Earlier in the day, thunderstorms had caused power outages in the area.

The fire station’s close proximity to the scene helped prevent more damage from being done, firefighters said.

Five people have been displaced from the incident. A GoFundeMe was set up to help the family that lives at the home.


Related Articles

Back to top button