New York

Man who shot NYC McDonald’s worker confesses to unrelated murder

The man accused of shooting a Brooklyn McDonald’s worker in the face during a spat over cold French fries has confessed to an earlier murder — a killing he had gotten away with until the fast food fracas, police sources said Wednesday.

While being questioned for shooting fast-food worker Matthew Web in the face during a quarrel that spilled outside the Bedford-Stuyvesant McDonalds Monday, Michael Morgan confessed to committing an Oct. 21, 2020, homicide he was long suspected of committing.

That fatal shooting took place six blocks from the McDonald’s.

Morgan, 20, has yet to be charged with the killing, in which 28-year-old Kevin Holloman was gunned down in front of an apartment building on Herkimer St. near Rochester Ave.

Holloman, struck several times, was rushed to Kings County Hospital but couldn’t be saved.

Police had suspected Morgan, who has an extensive rap sheet, of committing the shooting but prosecutors wanted more evidence, a police source said.

“For a while we tried to make an arrest and get this guy off the street,” a police source said. “The guy should be behind bars, should be in jail.”

Morgan was also charged with weapon possession for Monday’s shooting, cops said. His girlfriend, 18-year-old Camellia Dunlap, was also arrested on weapon possession charges for allegedly running off with his gun after the shooting, police revealed Wednesday.

Webb, 23, was working in the eatery when Morgan’s 40-year-old mother groused that her French fries were cold, police said.

At the same time, she was talking with her son Morgan on FaceTime and he and Dunlap showed up at the restaurant as the French fry flap escalated.

The argument ultimately spilled outside the eatery and across the street, where Morgan allegedly pulled a 9-mm. handgun and shot Webb in the face.

“We were sitting here and we heard ‘pop!’” a street vendor who saw Webb on the ground bleeding after the gunfire told the Daily News.

Webb was well-liked enough that the street vendor knew his good reputation with his McDonald’s colleagues. “He was hardworking,” the vendor said. “He was defending his co-workers.”

Morgan, who sources said has a record of 13 prior arrests, handed his handgun to Dunlap, who ran off with it, cops said.

Morgan was nabbed by cops as he fled the shooting scene.

His girlfriend was arrested a few hours later. It was not immediately clear if the gun was recovered.

Medics rushed Webb to Brookdale University Hospital, where he remained in extremely critical condition Wednesday. He has no criminal record.

Morgan’s arraignment in Brooklyn Criminal Court was pending Wednesday.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button