Man disguised as a ninja attacked a NYC man with a samurai sword in Manhattan

According to sources inside the police department, a guy who was responsible for causing a panic in the New York City subways three years ago was assaulted on Tuesday at a lower Manhattan train station by a man dressed as a ninja and wielding a “samurai sword.”

According to police, Larry Griffin was left with a bleeding gash on his skull when he was struck in the head with the weapon’s sheath.

Griffin, 29, and his assailant were fighting aboard a train as it drew into the Chambers St. station at around 9:20 a.m., and the battle eventually spilled out onto the subway platform and then onto the street, according to the police. Griffin was arrested for his involvement in the incident.

According to the authorities, the metro samurai escaped after hitting Griffin in the head with the wooden sword sheath and then leaving the scene.

Outside of the station, close to the intersection of Park Place and Church Street, a bloodied Griffin was discovered together with a portion of the weapon’s wooden handle lying on the ground nearby. After treating the cut on his head, emergency medical services transported him to the hospital.

Griffin informed the police that he was attacked by a ninja with a samurai sword, but the assailant was subsequently characterized as a guy clad in all black who was wearing a black Marvel comics baseball cap.

The investigators are looking into the possibility that instead of a metal blade, he was assaulted with a wooden practice sword.

This is not Griffin’s first time getting into trouble in the underground.

In August 2019, he was arrested because he threw away three empty rice cookers in a subway station in Manhattan.

The fact that the devices were discovered at a station on Fulton Street close to Williams Street, which is next to the Federal Reserve Bank, led to the suspicion that they were pressure cooker bombs. It turned out that they were completely safe.

Griffin, a native of West Virginia who was living on the streets at the time of his death, was discovered a few days later in the Bronx, comatose from a heroin overdose.

He was arrested and charged with the crime of planting a fake bomb. According to the statement made by the office of the Manhattan District Attorney, he entered a guilty plea in June 2020 and was sentenced to two and a half years in state prison as well as three years of post-release supervision in August 2020.

According to the records kept by the state Department of Corrections, he was granted parole and freed from prison in August of 2021.

According to authorities from the state, Griffin will remain on parole until October 2023.

The authorities were searching for eyewitnesses and surveillance footage that may have led them to the person responsible for the unusual attack that took place on Tuesday.

Related Articles

Back to top button